Hello beautiful friends! I’ve been taking a long hard look at my (lack of) blogging schedule this summer, and am working on planning some fun posts as we head into the fall. But for now, I thought I would share some fun, random facts about myself to say hey and introduce myself a little more, and also just because. It’s been awhile since I’ve done one of these posts. You can read the last one here.
1. I hadn’t been to Starbucks in over two years, and I have now gone twice in the past week, and it really bums me out. Small town coffee shops win! Also, I used to work for Starbucks.
2. I could eat pickled ginger all day every day.
3. I moved into my house last November, and I’m slowly realizing that I’m decorating the entire thing with Scripture prints. I happen to love it–truths declared all over my house. I sometimes wonder if it’s a little like walking through a museum of Bible prints, but I also hope that it’s kind of like walking through a museum of Bible prints. Lindsay Letters is my girl!
4. I check behind every door before I go to bed because I’m paranoid like that. And every time I think to myself what I would actually do if I found someone behind the door. I still don’t know.
5. I just (as in the last two days) had my bedroom painted the same exact color of my childhood bedroom. I was ready for a fun change and to personalize my bedroom, and found literally the same color once again. When I walked into the room at the end of the day to see how it turned out, I cried.
6. I currently cannot stop watching “Parenthood” on Netflix. I don’t know where I was at when it was actually on the air, but it so good! And whoever decided I should have Netflix was not very smart (ahem, me!).
7. I have a list on my phone of all the countries and places that I want to go to. Feeling the travel bug like CRAZY lately.
8. I constantly reread books that I love. I’ve been told that is weird. But they are so good.
9. Growing up, we had just one full bathroom in the house. Whenever I would get out of the shower and the bathroom was all steamy, I’d write different Scriptures on the bathroom mirror before the steam would disappear. Evangelism at its finest, folks!
10. I love listening to worship music in the car. Sometimes I just get so into and passionate about it, I wonder what it looks like when people pass me and I have one hand raised up in the air (and the other on the steering wheel of course). Which is kind of funny because I’m not much of a hand-raiser in church. Also, I drive with my knees a lot and not my hands, which really has nothing to do with this, except it frees up both hands and probably isn’t safe.
What are some of your random quirks? I’ve been learning so much about celebrating these little idiosyncrasies of mine that just make me unique and make me me. Sometimes I find myself shaking my head at myself at different times. You ever have those moments? But then I remember that God knew all of these little things about me before He even made me. And when He makes His people, He calls it good.