Last year I headed to my first conference, and was so overwhelmed by the whole idea. I bought my ticket on the last day they were available for sale, and then just a few weeks later boarded a plane, having no idea what I was in for. Now I’m days away from the Influence Conference once again (yay!!!), and I thought I would share what I’m sticking in my purse to carry around for the day and through all the various sessions. I found it so helpful to see what others were packing last year, so I thought I would share a little bit of what I like to have on hand for myself!
- Notebook and pens–there is going to be so much goodness shared and you’re going to want to take notes!!
- Cell phone–because (duh) social media and photo taking and also for your Bible app! That way you don’t have to carry around your big clunky Bible, if you have one. (Like I did last year. It hurt my shoulder. I’m all about packing light). Although I really like flipping through my Bible and taking notes in the margin, but that’s what the notebook is for. I’ll copy them in later.
- Essential Oils! I’m obsessed and never go anywhere without my oils. And trust me, I will have a lot more on hand than the ones pictured.
- Blogger business cards to hand out to all the beauties that I meet.
- Protein bar–especially because I have so many allergies (I’m going to have to shop for food the second I land in Indiana for the conference just so I can feed myself for the weekend), I always make sure to have a snack on hand.
- Water bottle!
Also, a few things not pictured:
- A sweater or jacket, because these conference rooms can be COLD!
- Tissues, because if you are like me, you will cry. A lot.
- Money for Sashes Market (or whatever market may be at your conference).
- More snacks, because food.
So looking forward to this year’s conference! What are your must haves for a conference? Who’s going to be there?!